Enroll At KNS
General Registration begins in January for the upcoming school year and continues throughout the year. Classes fill early and quickly; reserve your spot. Our calendar school year runs September through May.
Application & Registration
Applications may be submitted by mail, accompanied by a $40.00 registration fee, to:
Kensington Nursery School
185 Sheldon Street
Questions? Use our contact form or call the school at 860-828-7412 for more information about registering your child or to request an application for the current or upcoming school year.
KNS offers the following sessions:
2-Day programs for children who will be 3 years old by December 31 of the enrolling year:
- Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 AM-12:30 PM
3-Day program for children who will be 4 years old by December 31 of the enrolling year:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 AM-1:55 PM
Classes begin in September after Labor Day and run through the end of May. For vacations and holidays, KNS follows the Berlin Public Schools calendar.
Kensington Nursery School is open to any child, regardless of race or creed.
- For our 2-day (Tuesday & Thursday) program, children must be 3 years old by December 31.
- For our 3-day (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) program, children must be 4 years old by December 31.
- Children must be fully toilet-trained.
Thinking about KNS for your child? Why not sit in on a class? To schedule an appointment, please call the school at 860-828-7412 and leave a message. Directions to the school are available here.
Tuition for the 2018-2019 school year:
- 2-day (Tu-Th) program: $1,815
- 3-day (M-W-F) program: $3,552
Enrollment Materials & Timeline
Enrolling your child at KNS? After registering and receiving an acceptance notice, here are all of the forms you'll need, and the dates they're due.
Once your child has been accepted and you've decided to enroll, the following materials are due at the intervals below.
- Emergency Card
- KNS Student Contract 2018-19 (one copy)
The following materials are due July 1; late or no submission will forfeit your child’s spot in the school:
- Child Health Form (Note: All currently enrolled children must maintain a current health form at all times)
- Please note that the CT Department of Public Health also requires that all of our students get a seasonal flu shot each year they are enrolled. Please provide documentation of your child's flu shot on or before January.