Parent Resources and Information
Working Parent Schedule
As a family centered school, parents/guardians assist in the classroom on a rotating basis. The month-by-month schedule for each session is posted in the classroom. Additionally, when available, these schedules as originally published at the beginning of the school year unless otherwise noted may be accessed below. Working parents/guardians are able to "trade" working days and must notify the teacher of the change.
- 2 Day Session Working Schedule
- 3 Day Session Working Schedule
More KNS Resources
These documents are in PDF format. For assistance, see "Class News and Notes," above.
- A Day at KNS
- KNS Acceptance Letter
- KNS Purchase Approval or Reimbursement Form
- 2016-2017 KNS By Laws
- About Snacktime / Wholesome Snack Ideas - 2 day classes
- About Snacktime / Wholesome Snack Ideas - 3 day classes
- KNS Board Meeting Minutes
Delayed Opening & Early Dismissal Policy for 2017-2018 school year
If the Berlin Public Schools call for a delayed opening or an emergency early dismissal, KNS observes the following policies:
- Early closing of Berlin Schools because of bad weather will result in an early closing of KNS. Classes dismiss at 11:30.
- A 2-hour delay opening for Berlin Schools will result in an abbreviated day for both classes as follows:
- 2 day class: 10:30-12:30
- 3 day class: 10:30-1:55
***NOTE: Announcement of cancellation of pre-K programs due to weather on local stations is for public schools only. If you are in doubt, contact your class Vice President or call KNS.
School policy is to make up snow days when they exceed two cancellations for the 2-day class and three cancellations for the 3-day class.